Sunday, November 9, 2008

Miley Cyrus, David Archuleta To Perform In Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

Cheetah Girls, Trace Adkins, James Taylor also announced as performers.

By Jocelyn Vena

Miley Cyrus and David Archuleta will dodge giant balloons together when the teen stars perform in this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. Other performers set for the annual Turkey Day festivity include Trace Adkins, the Cheetah Girls, James Taylor and Darius Rucker, according to a press release.

The New York City parade will take place November 27 and will be hosted by "Today" hosts Matt Lauer, Meredith Vieira and Al Roker. As is tradition, the casts from several Broadway shows will also be on hand for the big event. This year's lineup includes "In the Heights," "Disney's The Little Mermaid" and "Irving Berlin's White Christmas," as well as an annual appearance from the Radio City Rockettes.

In other Miley news, the singer revealed her pre-fame job during an interview on "The Tyra Show." "I can clean toilet bowls," she told Tyra Banks, AceShowbiz.comreports. "I worked at this place called Sparkles Cleaning Service and I cleaned houses. I was, like, 11. I had one normal job, and I actually liked it."

The soon-to-be 16-year-old Cyrus also told Banks, who hosted the teen's recentDisneyland bash, about her dream car. "I want [my Mercedes] black and then just the little Mercedes signs to be pink," she said. "And I would like the stitching and steering wheel to be pink."

"I am begging [to get my first car]," Cyrus recently told "Extra." "I got to go take my test first — I don't really want to go get my picture taken. It's, like, really hard to pick out your outfit.

0 comments: